We work in partnership with Care Financial Counselling Service to help people in financial stress offering counselling and information about financial matters.
We understand that you might feel overwhelmed because you don’t have enough money to buy food or pay your bills such as rent, car loan or electricity. Sometimes you feel stuck and do not know what to do.
We are here for you. We can:
- Provide information about your options, so you can explore and decide what you would like to do about debts or bills. It is always your choice.
- Help you explore your priorities and goals, so you know what outcome you are hoping for.
- Offer information and financial tips, including how to protect assets.
- Assist you with an income and expenses sheet and a creditors list to comprehend and assist with the financial situation. We may negotiate with creditors directly or support you to do this yourself.
- Work with adults or couples to establish effective systems that support healthy relationships.
- Refer you to specialist services if needed, such as legal advice.
Learn more about Care Financial Counselling Service resources or call on 02 6257 1788.
Organise a callback
Talking to someone who has a lot of experience in how to manage gambling harm can help you feel clearer about the options available.
We provide free and confidential support in a number of ways.
We listen without judgement and/or unrealistic expectations.
Call us on 1800 585 858 or send us a message.
“Help from the ACT Gambling Support Service was incredibly helpful. It was nice to know there was no cap and I could come as long as I need to as I think that impacts. Seeing someone in the first place and being told you can only come three times doesn’t help. The freedom and flexibility to see someone as long as I needed was fantastic”.
“The ACT Gambling Support Service team helped with my addiction a great deal. I have not gambled for over a year already. I feel great about that. It has changed my life a lot. The counsellor was a great support and help to me. Thank you so much”.