Who we are, what we do.
How we do it
ACT Gambling and Support Service (AGSS) is free and confidential support for people experiencing harm as a result of their or someone else’s gambling.
We offer 24/7 support over the phone, virtual meetings or face to face appointments. We have online gambling and financial counselling services available and peer support (one to one, couples, families or groups).
All our practitioners are qualified and experienced. Our team helps you to navigate your options by sharing useful tips and information. We will assist you to identify and make the changes you want.
We also aim to increase knowledge and awareness to reduce the stigma associated with gambling harm within the community. Our Community Engagement team offers education and prevention initiatives for gambling harm and referrals to other community agencies when necessary.
We can support you if:
- you are concerned about your gambling
- you are affected by the gambling of a family member or friend
- you are a health or community support worker, working with people affected by gambling harm
- you are working in the gambling industry and want to understand more to support your patrons
- you are a community member interested in understanding more about gambling harms in the ACT community
All services provided by the AGSS are free for people
living in the ACT and surrounding region.